Pagina's

woensdag 8 juli 2015

Golden Oldie project - 4 generations mini album

Hi all!

About 2 months ago, one of the designers from Kimya started a Golden Oldie challenge. She shared a tutorial of one of her mini albums, and challenged us to follow her tutorial and post our projects before the deadline. I ordered a little kit to get started, but I already knew my project couldn't join the challenge. The challenge ended about 3 weeks ago, but I made this album for my grandmother, who celebrated her 77th birthday last sunday. So there was no way I could have showed this earlier, because she or someone else in the family could have known what I was making her.
Anyway, now that my grandmother received her gift, I think it is time I show my project here as well!

 The album is made from paperbags, binded together with some rope, and has cardstock to reinforce the binding.


 The flowers on the binding are from Wild Orchid Crafts ans Joy Crafts.


The papers I used are all from the Collage Art stack from DCWV. All edges are inked with Distress Ink Walnut Stain.

The tiny tags I used are also from Kimya, but they were not in the kit. You can find them here.
I used some lace from my own stash, and added some twine from Kimya as well.

 The heart die I used is from Memory box.


 The heart tag was part of the lovely kit I bought.


 The mesh behind the picture was also part of the kit.


 The paperbags all have a punched edge, I used my Fiskars Threading Water border punch for them.


 And this is the back of my album. The pearls I used in the album are from a Dutch store called Action.


Last but not least the tags that are inside the paper bags. Since my album is a 4 generations album, I made a tag for every generation.

This was it for today, I hope you all like it!

Hugs, Sandra

Geen opmerkingen: