Pagina's

vrijdag 15 augustus 2014

Crea-Sandra's Crafty Tutorial world - Puzzle Piece Resist Technique

Hi all!

Today, I would like to show you a technique called Puzzle Piece Resist.

Supplies:
A piece of card stock the size of your card front.
Border stamp
Acrylic block
Watermark ink (I used Versamark)
Clear embossing powder
Embossing buddy
Heat tool
Distress Ink in 2 different colors ( I used Victorian Velvet and Dusty Concord)
Ink Blending tool
Nesting die (Nestabilities Labels 4 die)
Die-cutting machine
Image by Robyn's Fetish called Catherine
Coloring medium of your choice (I used Copic Markers)



 Prepare your card front with an embossing buddy, so the static will go away.



 Ink up your stamp with watermark ink



 Start stamping on the bottom. Make sure you put even pressure on all the parts of the stamp.



Ink up your stamp again, and stamp above the previous stamped section. Repeat this until the full sheet is stamped



Pour embossing powder over the entire card front. 



I alway use a piece of copy paper under it, so I can funnel the embossing powder back in the container. 



 Heat emboss the card front, so all the embossing powder can melt. This might take a few minutes. Meanwhile, make sure you don't burn your fingers!



 It is really hard to see, but now I have the complete front embossed. 



 Tape down your die in the center of the card front, and run it through your die cutting machine.



 Take the frame out of the card front but do not take your frame out of your die. 



 Now the fun part starts! Take your Distress Ink and Ink Blending tool and start inking.



 Always start inking off your paper, and come in with circular motions from the side. 



 This is how the main panel looks once it's completely inked with the Distress Ink. As you can see the embossed parts will stay white, which gives a really lovely effect.
If there is any ink residu on the embossed parts, you can always wipe it clean with a tissue. Do not use a babywipe, because it will effect your Distress Ink.



 Now you can ink your frame, but leave the frame in the die.  I used Dusty Concord for this part.



 When you remove your die, you can see the small white border.  Personally I really like the look of it.



 This is how it looks like when the label is back in the frame. 



Now you can color your main image.  I used Copics to color "Catherine," and I used the following:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E13 and R20 for blush
Shirt: RV91, RV93 amd RV95
Hat and pants: V12, V15, V17



 And here is my finished card!



This was it for today!  I hope you like it and will try it!

Hugs, 

Sandra

1 opmerking:

Desire Fourie zei

Awesome embossing and thank you for the how too.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}